Blog

Legacy project: Upscale downtown station exuded quality

A prime location and innovation were put on display for Bobby and Steve's Auto World in the late 1990s, when CNH tackled an all new upscale service station project which came together at the edge of downtown Minneapolis.

The tight site utilized a diagonal vehicle flow which was reflected in the angled portions of the buildings, explains CNH Principal Quinn Hutson.

Client donates statues on Cedar Ave., CNH advises

The Hilton Minneapolis downtown once held this eye-catching statue group of musicians, which is now displayed at the new location of MacPhail Center for Music in Apple Valley.

CNH did exterior work for the structure where MacPhail is located, the previous city hall building at 14200 Cedar Avenue.

CNH history: ‘N’ in CNH talks 1970s, early 80s

The single-glazed steel framed windows with wire would shake and rattle at the first location for CNH Architects. Then Glenn W. Cording and Associates, it was 10 stories up, overlooking downtown Minneapolis.

The 12-story office structure was the aging Wesley Temple building or Wesley Tower, built in 1928 and occupying space now used by the Minneapolis Convention Center on what was 123 Grant Street.