May 15, 2020 was Peace Officer Memorial Day and an event was held at the Peace Officers Memorial on the State Capitol Grounds in St. Paul.
This also marked the unveiling of the newly restored Peace Officer Memorial, work which was recently finished by CNH Architects, along with engineering firms EDI Mechanical & Electrical, Larson Structural, and Rehder Civil. Versacon served as the project's general contractor.
A prominent element of the Peace Officers Memorial is a thin blue lighting feature, which symbolizes and honors the sacrifices law enforcement officials make every day.
Restoration work on the memorial included the following:
- Replacement of “Thin Blue Line” lighting feature
- Removal and resetting of existing granite pavers on new concrete slab
- Extensive fountain repairs including pump, piping, waterproofing, and lighting replacement
- Colonnade restoration including cast stone cleaning and installation of new protective zinc coated copper roof cap
- Ornamental bronze stair handrail restoration and repairs
Peace Officers Memorial in the news:
Fallen law enforcement officials remembered as part of Peace Officers Memorial Day
Minnesota Law Enforcement Memorial Association